1. make reading a habit. read anything—i can’t stress how much important it is as i’ve make many friends out of my knowledge of small bits of information, they connect you to people.
2. learn proper writing. again, this lands you jobs, friends, and a sensitive linguistic sense. you’ll never see your days as the same again.
3. learn as much things outside your interest as much as you can. musical instruments, extreme sports, crafting, anything. they get you to new circles; and even give you new hobbies.
4. stay busy. search for jobs, interns, committees, and organizations. you need to learn how to feed yourself and be independent as early as possible; as you are not rich, nor wealthy—your parents are.
5. follow what you love with all your heart. then the rest of the benefits will follow through. just believe that it’ll give back to you someday. and it will, i promise you.
6. all is fair in love and war. what you despised yesterday, might be what you’ll do tomorrow. be cold headed when it comes to relationships. but prioritize friends before your love interests. never break years of friendship for someone you’ve only just met.
7. and even though links between people get strained, true friends are the ones that always understand, forgive, and be there for you. for whatever you did. so protect these kind of friends like you never have one before.
8. success is the best revenge. stay busy. there’s more to life than just romance. be very good at something and take credits for it.
9. still, however busy you are, always make time for your family. they’re the ones left when you’ve got nothing at all.
10. retreat to yourself every once in a while. this helps you realize whether you want to be in a relationship or not—only go into a relationship when you’ve reached contentment being alone; this assures you that you really love the person, not because you just can’t cope with loneliness.
11. be faithful to what you believe, but never shove it down people’s throat. respect their faiths.
12. do not play with fire and razors. this is to be understood literally and metaphorically. respect the universe, nature, and the spirits. they exist before we do. the chaos theory—or in a more popular term, karma, exists.
13. learn how to read people. this helps you so fucking much on interactions. when having a conversation with people, keep them talking. listen sincerely; it’s in human nature that we want to be heard. stay interested in them.
14. save up fund for ‘interesting people’—when you meet one, use that money to do activities with them. this helps the odds that you’ll always meet one.
15. when you know that someone is lying, don’t confront them right away in front of other people. but tell them personally, let them save face. they’ll owe you—and in some way would give back to you.
16. train your visual creativity. when listening to a song, imagine what it’s like if you were to direct that music video. this makes you an interesting person to talk to.
17. you can always make a change to your surroundings. if you think that it’s impossible, imagine how irritating it’d be if an ant run free on your skin.
18. don’t judge people by their buying power and their vulnerability of making mistakes. judge them by their productivity to create and how they fix mistakes.
19. look good, and take care of yourself. know the things that match you well. if we shouldn’t judge the book by its cover, then it would take away the point of having a cover.
20. embrace your fears. don’t get rid of it—make it your driving force, your motives. a strong person is someone who already befriended their fears.
sometimes you win; sometimes, you learn.
i’m getting closer to 10:24.
what happened to ‘just messing around?’
daggerbaileys asked: oliveremberton. com/2014/how-to-connect-deeply-with-anyone-in-5-minutes/ (Cobain, deh. Ga harus publish hasilnya. Cuma pingin ajak main permainan yang sama aja.)
THIS IS AWESOME :))
"The Dance of Power"
Javanese Dancer painting by Edi SP
Big Bend Power Station photo by Tampa Bay Times.
Anonymous asked: God i love you. You have a very beautiful way of thinking.
thank you! :)
Anonymous asked: How would you describe love? What do you do if you lose someone you really love? I don't even know why i ask you this, think that you have a point of view that i'd like.
first of all, i’m an avid fear embracer.if there’s a chain cult of fear worshipping, i might be first in line to join.
i never like how society label fear as a bad range of emotion.
look at it, love is not the strongest emotion of all.
fear makes the world go round.
the first society feared outdoors and the uncertainty behind it. they invented the cave system that then turned into a conception of home.
the french feared ignorance. they revolted.
10:24 is the fear of dying, repackaged.
it’s not love, it’s the fear of being alone.
it’s not love, it’s the fear of being unaccepted, cast away from the people you like.
and that feeling of fear drives people into this state of soulmate searching (or whatever you call it) — and when they found one, they give that feeling a name; love.
every other feelings are the opposite of fear.
we all have one mother in common; it is fear.
so why the bad connotations of fear? you ought to embrace it.
always admit whenever you’re in fear. do not hide from it, embrace it — until then you’ll be able to tell what is love and why do you currently love.
so, for me, love has many meanings. depends on what fear did you have that drove you into that state that you call ‘love’. i once loved because i was afraid of being alone. i once loved because i was afraid that i couldn’t give enough to people that in need.
fear is as strong as love.
but for me, the strongest form of love is when you’re afraid that you can’t give enough to the subject of your affection — this is what people call as motherly love (in family settings). it’s just in their nature (these moms) to give without demanding back from their children.
that’s why a balanced relationship is quite rare; one would always give more to the other. your love grows mostly not because you are dependent to the subject of your affection, but instead because you can give much to the person that is dependent to you.
and there’s only one way to know whether if you’ve embraced your fear or not: let go of your love.
"love is watching someone die" -What Sarah Said, Death Cab for Cutie.
giftforashark asked: gitar lu JS signature pe? ;_;
iyaa hahaha kenapa jeb?
Teknik Penulisan Proposal dan Presentasi #semester4
#illustration #art #artwork #draw #drawing #sketchbook
Anonymous asked: Daniel, how you come up with such awesome ideas to draw? I am a fan
thankyou! :) it’s pretty much flattering that someone somewhere loves my works.
this is my one personal golden rule in arts:
anything that i want to create MUST always have three meanings:
one that relates to issues that the society is facing nowadays,
one that has the ability to connect personally to whoever the audience is,
and one that only i could know.
so there are at least three ways to interpret any of my arts, from writings, to visuals, to songs :)
daggerbaileys asked: Ternyata belum bisa reply. Mau reply di post "The XX". Terkesima pada "All In." dan potensinya untuk berulah pada customer base yang lain. P.S. Sangat gatal pada "We have that all" yang bunyinya membuat gemas. Sempat terpikir alternatif seperti " -All that and more." atau " : All in". Strategic decision on choosing Joe Taslim and fitness industry, though.
ahaha. they were just some slides excerpts from our complete presentation, though. dalam All In Campaign itu ada 5 plans dan gym date itu salah satunya.
who would’ve thought?
we got the 4th place in Eureca 2014’s Marketing Plan Competition.
Anonymous asked: bikin askfm dong bas pasti banyak yang nanya
makan nih ask.fm/wordfangs
i am not a fish. or maybe i am. maybe i’m a venom, a fox, a wolf.
maybe i’m not.
i think before you think. i know what you think. i know what you think i think.
human minds are child’s play to me. i play with human minds since child.
i do bluff. double bluffs. triple bluffs. i know the game, i know your bluff. they’re rough.
my mind is always on a constant loop. pages and pages of images and samplings, jumping. shadowtexts. phantomfax. constantly inconsistent.
i see the dead. their deadly eyes see me. i always manage to take the stares of them who don’t take the stairs as friendly as friends could be.
they force me to stay awake, waiting to be solved. they themselves cant dissolve on their own selves.
i sort them in short. their faces, back and forth.
i pull ideas from them. from what seems to be a non-logical idea.
sometimes they make me do it. sometimes, i do it for them.
sometimes, i don’t; and they do it for me.
i have different faces for many phases. don’t get too emotional, i’m not faking it. it’s just the fish jumps through streams.
know this, it’s not even close of you knowing me. you don’t know me. you don’t know means. but i know you. through every means.
and you won’t admit that all my readings of you are accurate. because that’s insecurity. admit it, sometimes it’s serenity.
i don’t like you. i don’t like most of you.
i’ll leave you when i get bored, and i get bored quickly.
but things are things and sometimes someone is more than those things; i’ll stay close until you have the heaviest of heavy dependence on me.
i wonder if the wondrous holy texts really do talk about my coming.
hear this, i am here.
am i the dajjal? am i the antichrist?
am i the archenemy of your god? am i the archenemy of my god?
maybe i am. or maybe i’m not.
maybe you are.
is this my ego, writing for me?
or is this the honest form of self sincerity?
because for the fish, lying is for the weak.
but even the fish doubt that fellow fishes don’t lie.
but wait. am i a fish? or am i a venom?
maybe i am.
or maybe i’m not.